Friday, May 18, 2012

Autumn on the Farm

One of the things I love about living in Tasmania is the marked variation in the seasons.  Its an age-old marking of time into distinct phases that each have a purpose and an activity that corresponds to its purpose.  There is a rhythm that the seasons impart to life that I really love. 
Autumn in Tasmania is a beautiful time.  Living rurally, I see the impact of the season on the landscape around me.  The colours, textures and mood of autumn are currently inspiring me.  Here are some of my photos that I've taken to capture the moments.






The past few weeks have been very busy with the baby, but every now and then I get a chance to sit at my studio desk and imagine that I'm creating something!  One of the problems with getting very little time to yourself is that you tend to want to make the small moments count, and this can lead to being a bit uptight!  Not conducive to creativity!  So I have taken to forcing myself to play with things and this week, autumn has been the inspiration for the play.  I've been making patterns with the cutoffs left on my desk from my cardmaking (see my etsy shop), and have teamed them up with some doodley watercolour leaves in autumny colours.  I think they might go somewhere, but if not, they are at least helping to keep me moving.  I do love watercolour - I'm thinking of playing with some watercolour and landscape drawing - although a lack of ideas is never my problem - always a lack of time.  Must remember not to get too frustrated and PLAY.





No comments:

Post a Comment