Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Instagram Addict




I have become an instagram addict!  Its a fantastic social media for non-verbal communicators!! I get a quick high from making a visual image that pleases me, and putting it out there for people to see immediately.  With my life being as busy as it is at the moment, it is sometimes my only creative outlet in a day.  When a friend introduced me to it in Melbourne almost a year ago, I thought it was just a cute way to edit photos.  But its so much more!  Its a global instagram community complete with its own set of "values" and ways of interrelating.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, its worth a look. There is a tab at the top of the page that will take you to an online version of my instagram account.  There is also an official instagram blog that features some of the millions of daily photos. There are some absolutely amazing images of peoples lives and worlds out there.  I find it fascinating.  
One of the activities people get involved in is tagging, a bit like a school yard game of chasey.  You are tagged by someone to show a particular photo, and you do that and then tag someone else to keep the game going.  I was recently tagged to come up with my favourite 9 photos of where I live - #mycountry9.
This is what I came up with.   

No comments:

Post a Comment