Monday, February 18, 2013

New Prints on the Way


I've been working on some new prints in the last two weeks.  It's a process that stops and starts a bit, and fits in with all the other activities that are going on in the house.  It can be a really exciting process, designing and then cutting the lino and the anticipation can be quite intense.  What will it look like when its printed??? Unfortunately I haven't had time and space to get stuck into the printing, so I'm a bit frustrated at the moment!  I think they are going to be great little prints, but you can never be sure until they are done.  
The design above is based on an instagram photo of a dirt road near where I live on the Tasman Peninsula in south eastern Tasmania.  It begins up a hill and winds its way down to the waterfront overlooking Norfolk Bay.  The views are lovely, whatever the weather.  The original photo was taken on a overcast day, so I'm hoping to play around with some moody sky colourings.  I guess I'll have to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment